Kite & Lightning’s Open Source UE4 Repo#
We’re a small -team VR indie studio working on a immortal baby party brawler, Bebylon Battle Royale: http://bebylon.world
We’re big on sharing so we decided to pull all our various open-sourced UE4 features/plugins into this repo. Everything here is permissively licensed so feel free to use in your own games.
Superluminal is an insanely low-overhead psamplin & instrumenting profiler with thread block visualization
NEW: 4.19.2 Integration with in-game live update drawing Video demo: https://twitter.com/KNLstudio/status/999422263190474752
Integrating jonas’ amazing microprofile. It’s a fully featured profiler with live capture support, GPU timers, flame graphs, and remote capture. Short demo video: https://twitter.com/KNLstudio/status/911672310238556160
Unreal Engine Python#
Fully featured Python support in UE4: https://twitter.com/KNLstudio/status/932657812466843648
- Full access to UE4’s reflection layer (UObjects, UFunctions, & Blueprints)
- Extensive support for native Slate widgets & UMG in Python
- Support for Editor Extensions (Custom Viewports, ToolbarButtons, Custom Context Menus)
- Automation: Creating custom asset import pipelines like ingesting FBX, creating animation composites,
- Sequencer scripting support
LivePP UE4 Plugin#
Live++ is an insanely fast hot-reloading library. Here’s an example in our project of doing a hotreload in < 2s: https://twitter.com/KNLstudio/status/984093749461401602. The plugin is does the integration work for you and you simply just need to drop it in your project.
Live++ is made by Molecular Matter
Coming Soon: Integrating Insomniac Games MemTrace Tool into UE4 The tool is a faster & more improved variant of UE4’s MallocProfiler. For example, it doesn’t take 20 mins to open a couple minute trace.
- Lightweight C++ runtime component with network recording
- CRT heap hooking on Windows (Durango hooking available on request to licensed devs)
- Full support for custom heaps and allocators
- Supports displaying and analyzing fragmentation for custom heaps
- Can display a delta between two arbitrary points in time.
- Can aggregate memory data along several axes, including custom scopes
- Supports asset and component memory scoping out of the box, but can be extended in source to group on arbitrary scopes
- Supports forward and backward scrubbing in trace files during analysis